Have had asthma, gotten worse. Hands turned purple, tiredness and weakness. What can I try?

Hi, I am 19 yrs old and have had asthma for 6 years. However for the past month things have gotten far worse. My doctor increased my medicine and has ordered some extras. These are not working, and the doctor will not listen to the issue. I am continiously tired, and weak. My hands turn a purplish color, to the point where my mom got concerned. I will do nothing and feel like i just ran a mile. Im not sure what to do, but I need to breath. I take all medications like I should but they are of no use. I need help,can you help?
Asked On : Sat, 29 Dec 2012