Have had a total hysterectomy. Had omentum and appendix removed, ovarian cancer diagnosed. Chemo therapy?

Hi Doctor, I have had a total hysterectomy 7 weeks ago, my omentum and appendix were also removed as were several lymph nodes - para aortic etc, I had 2 masses on both ovaries and pathology came back as diagnoses borderline ovarian cancer stage IIIc, however all results from surgery came back as non invasive implants but my surgeon and oncologist (both had a conference) are recommending chemo t taxol and carbo 6 cycles, my understanding is that you do not need chemo for borderline and this is extremely confusing. Mu oncologist says they may be over treating me and want me to have this chemo as there was extensive desease outside the ovary - however nothing invasive showed up from the labs ??????? help
Asked On : Mon, 24 Dec 2012