Have had a syringe pierce my tympanic drum. Why do I hear booming after healing?

Hello I have had a syringe pierce my tympanic drum and fluid siphoned from behind this. After the drum healed I can hear booming. I now drop my jaw to remove the additional pressure or have to pinch my nose and blow. The ear can be heard popping. Is there any operation available to get rid of this popping and booming? Thanks
Asked On : Wed, 29 Aug 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
hello. it seens that you are most likely suffering from an eustachian tube disorder, which is likely to explain both your present symptoms and the presence of fluid behind your drum previously. a variety of treatment options exist including surgery. i would like you to consult your ENT physician for the same. thanks