Have had a sore throat, have cold, open burn, painful ear. What is wrong?

I have had a sore throat now for 3 weeks it started as a cold I developed the day before I got an open wound burn from the restaurant where I work. The cold went away after a week. In that time I did have some paint in my left ear. The last two weeks a sore throat that gets worse by the end of the day has been my only symptom. Cough drops dont help. Neither does gargling warm salt water, hot tea with honey , or breathing in steam. When it gets really bad usually in the evening chewing ice helps.
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013