Have had a mild case of alcoholic neuropathy in legs, numbness in hands. What should I do?

I have had a mild case of what I now understand to be alcoholic neuropathy in my legs only for about 8 years, never got worse so I accepted it, foolishly. I continued to drink and now in a matter of days the numbness has gone to my hands and is crippling my fingers; needless to say I am scared. I have been reading many posts and just want to open the door to a reliable source to discuss my situation. I don t want to be alone. thank you
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013