Have had a fever. On codeine cough syrup and proair inhaler. Should I express concern?

Hi. I have had a fever since Saturday and a cough since last Friday. The fever started at 99.6 and has bounced up and down tonight it is the highest 102.6. I have also had very little appetite this whole week to. I ve been trying to make myself eat without too much appetite was a little better today. I went to see the arnp at my doctor on Tues. She very briefly looked at my mouth and checked my lungs...and then stated I had a little viral infection. I complained of serious headaches , cough, sore throat and prolonged fever. She told me I should be better in a couple of days if I get some rest and drink plenty of fluids. I ve been drinking plenty of fluids but having difficulty getting rest. I ve been taking codeine cough syrup (which I m almost out of) and a Proair inhaler every 4hrs for symptoms. They seemed to be helping only a little bit. I ve also been taking Ibuprofen for the headaches and fever. The nurse said to come back in on Tuesday if I still had symptoms or sooner if things got worse. I m worried she overlooked something because I have never had a fever last this long and this is the first time I have been sick in 3 years. Though I have had more stressors lately...but I would really like to get back to work. Should I be concerned or should I just keep waiting it out.
Asked On : Mon, 1 Oct 2012