Have grey patches in hair. Have high ferritin count. Is it because of high count?

Hi, I am 57 years old (male).
My Ferritin count is very high (900+ last tested 2 months ago) and the cause of this count is still to be determined?.
My specialist send me for various blood tests as well as a sonar of all my organs. All seems to be OK.
Apart from this hight count, I feel 100% healthy - I am not tired and my skin colour is normal. I exersize(jog) every day and still do 10 & 21 km road races
Since 6 weeks ago, the hair on the back of my head discoloured (grey patches) and it seems as if the hair are less on these patches.
Is this due to the high Ferrtin count or, is this an indication of something else??
My next appointment at my doctor is in 3 weeks time - Do you suggest that I wait until then or, should I see him earlier with this hair issue??
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013