Have gout, swollen leg. Had knee injury with ligament tear. Is the both related?

sir, i met an knee injury with ligament tear back five years.from that period i developed gout variying between 7 to 7.5.before the injury there were no signs of gout.does gout relate to the injury what should i do to overcome this problem.let me add the pain is unbearable in right foot with swollen and big toe unable to walk for days together.what sort of medication u shall prescribe for the speedy relief of pain and inflammation.
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013