Have gianed weight and thyroid problem. Had pcos. Had tests done. Taking metformin. What to do?

Hi, I am 31yrs old mom to a 3.5 yr old boy. I have been suffering from thyroid for the past 12 years (rather I was diagonsed 12 years ago in 2002, could have had the problem before that) then in 2005 I was diagonsed with PCOS, with the help of infertility specialist Dr.Archana Dhawan Bajaj in Delhi i was able to concieve and have a child.when i was to concieve i was put on a diet plan by my Doc along with medication so when i got pregnant my weight was around 70-72kgs which was high for my 4.11" height but was better than the 80 i was on when i started trying. My current issue is the weight again, I am now at 90 kgs and have severe body aches as the weight is too much for my size. I am taking 2x500mg Metformin in a day. What more can i do to loose weight. My thyroid test gave ijn range t3 and t4 but TSH was 0.05 so i have stopped taking it for the last couple of days, before that i was taking 150mg daily on empty stomach. Please suggest the action plan to get the weight down and the thryroid normalised.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013