Have gastro problems and cough. Diagnosed as reflux. Treatment?

I was diagnosed with gastro problems 6 years back and took medicine on and off. I am drinking alcohol regularly and eating spicy food. 4 years back I have developed a cronic caugh while eating or talking. Specially even if i get a strong smell of chili or spices. Doctors said it is reflux . But why do I caugh even if i smell spicy food. If i eat chili, I will caugh nonstop and if i continue eating, then the caugh will reduce. But no one can observe while i eat chili as it look like i am going to die. Can this be early stage of throught cancer? I do not want to stop alcohol. I smoke only one or two cigerats a day. I know I should take a decission soon to stop bad habits and take medicine for a long time. Should I consult an ENT specialist or Gastro doctor?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013