Have gastritis. Stomach pain, vomiting. Gastroscope shows hiatus hernia, esophagitis and gastritis

i am suffering from gastritis ... i am now 24 yrs old my wt is 62 kgs whenever i take some spicy food my stomach burns.. And there is severe pain which goes upto back including vomiting .. The pain lasts for almost 1 day and a half which gets well after taking some aliphatic medicines... This occurs once in evry 2 months... Recently i got Gastroscope test and following are the results - 1. Small slding hiatus hernia 2. Mild reflex esophagitis - lower end 3. Severe Gastritis Please guide
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013
Jan 2013
With the available described symptomatology and gastroscopy report, there is high possibility of peptic ulcer disease.
Presence of heart burn and vomiting signifies the diagnosis of peptic ulcer disease.
Peptic ulcer disease may be in form of chronic gastritis, fundal gastritis, nodular gastritis, follicular gastritis and gastric & duodenal ulcer and adenocarcinoma of stomach.
You should consult with internal medicine specialist/ gastroenterologist and should go for thorough check up & endoscopy.
You should also go for breath urea test for H. pylori infection.
Helicobacter pylori bacteria is responsible for peptic ulcer treatment and eradication is essential for complete relief.
You should take frequent small amount meals.
Avoid tomatoes, legumes, citrus fruits, onion, garlic, spicy and oily food.
Avoid tea, coffee and chocolates.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava