Have gas, prescribed Prilosec for stomach distention. Have burning pain in abdomen. Explain

My doctor recently told me to start using prilosec because I had undergone stomach distention and what he thinks to be acid reflux or even gerd . It happened about a week ago. Everyrhing I ate, my stomach would expand. That s because I had a reaction to a previous drug hat was for sinus infection an antibiotic which he said caused my heartburn . Now my problem is I have been gassy since I ate a wide amount of fiber today. The gas is like a sharp pain around the heart and it s frightening me. What should I do? I m really tired and want to lay down to sleep but laying down causes it to hurt even more. Please help.... Also I have an on and off burning pain in my right breastbone/ upperabdomen. Please explain. I also haven t worked out in a week. I noticed a bout a two waist size up difference. Is that normal?
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012