Have gained 10 pounds in 6 months. Drinks alcohol daily. How to avoid this?

I like to have a glass of wine while making dinner. Supposedly it is good for my health and I just plain like to sip wine while I cook. After dinner is done, I am done drinking. If a friend comes over, it usually turns into sharing a bottle. I find, however, that I retain water and, for a lack of a better term, bloat and gain weight. I am almost positive that it is the alcohol that is causing my 10 pound weight gain over the last 6 months. Can this be avoided? Or is the only solution to avoid the nightly glass? My clothes are not fitting properly and I am unwilling to buy a new wardrobe. :)
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013