Have fusion at c4c5 and c6c7, risk of paralysis, pain since surgery, taking lorcet, soma. What to do ?

I have fusion at c4c5 and c6c7 in 2010 I m 41 6 0 250 lbs I ve been told that I risk paralysis if I lift too much or lift over my head. I ve never had relief from the pain since my surgery and take lorcet 10/750 3x daily and soma at bed time. I ve moved from where I had my surgery and just have a general doc here. He doesn t think surgery is another option because of so many people like myself who hasn t seen relief. Not sure what I should do
Asked On : Tue, 27 Nov 2012