Have fungal infections on back. Prescribed lamisil ointment. Suggest some effective medicine?

My sons both have fungal infections/growth on their backs. Their whole backs are covered. The doctor prescribed a Lamisil ointment but it is difficult to keep putting it on the back and hence is not an effective method. I heard about Dettol from the UK that is kind of a multi-purpose healant. Does that or any other medicine help? There are too many side effects with the fungus pill (Lamisil, I think) so that is something not considered.
Asked On : Wed, 18 Jul 2012