Have freckles on the nose. Applying melalite. Right medication?

Dr. I have freckles on my left cheek near eyes and on left side of nose . I have them for past 8 years and I am 21 years old. I applied melalite xl first time yesterday night on my whole face and not the affected area. I have found a noticeable change in the colour of the freckles but i have developed a red spot on my right cheek. What should i do:- 1) Should I stop applying it or 2) Should I apply melalite only on affected area. thanks
Asked On : Tue, 25 Sep 2012