Have fractured tibia and fibula during skiing accident. Healing time?

Hi Following a high trauma skiing accident, I fractured my tibia in two places (lower fracture is oblique, upper is butterfly) and fibula once 3.5 weeks ago. I have two plates (with many screws) on the tib and nothing on fib. No cast. I had a check up yesterday and was told no weight bearing for another six weeks just light toe touching and come back for another x-ray and checkup then. How long before I am fully repaired and what are the likely steps between now and walking normally.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013