Have folliculitis, burning when urinating, white bump on clitoris. What can I do?

I was diagnosed with folliculitis today by my obgyn . It started only on the outside of my vagina lips where I normally shave. I noticed it started burning when I urinate and when I examined myself I noticed a small white bump on my clitorus hood. I was instructed to use neosporin on the outside but what can I do for the inside? And also, could I have been misdiagnosed? Is this really folliculitis or possibly herpes?!
Asked On : Sat, 8 Sep 2012