Have follicle like structure on penis. Had herpes. Is it because of that?

there is a small area about 1/4 inch long on the dermis of my scrotum. it is not an ingrown hair nor is it a follicle. it has a painful feeling like the cat had scratched it and has been present for about 3 days now. there are no abnormalities in the shape or size of the testical it self... just the outer dermis of the scrotum. I was quick to think jock itch, but this is not the case since it only hurts when touched , in the shower it looks like a row of inflamed hair follicles, out of the shower when dry it looks and feels like a cigarette burn... I know full well that my ex wife had herpes , I am 40 and never had an outbreak. could this be an outbreak on my scrotum? or could it be something else?
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013