Have fluctuating fever. Told tonsillitis, on pencillin. When medicine will work

I am a 35 year old worman and been told i got tonsillits . friday i had a temperature of 39.9 . it is now monday and still feel ill, When penicillin will start to work, as every time I get up, I feel worn out and i start to feel i am going to pass out. my temperature is up and down but not as high as Friday.
I got two small kids, one of which is 10 months so I can't keep laying in bed and my husband can't keep taking time of work
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013