Have flu like symptoms. Took salbutamol and seretide for asthma. Test showed sinus tachycardia. Treatment?

Hi I am a 36yr old female who suffers with mild asthma take salbutamol and seretide 100 1 puff x 2 daily. I also take ramipril 5mg once daily and simvistatin 40mg once daily. For the last 6 weeks I have had flu like symptoms with a really dry hacking cough. Originally I also had some diarrohea and really green phlegm . I took a course of amoxicillin and th esymptoms started to clear ie phlegm was clear, cough lessened. After just 2 days I started getting low grade fevers of 38.0, 38.1 etc and had really sharp pains around the back of lungs area and the sides of my chest . The pain then spread so i went to A & E where they done a QV scan to ruile out a clot. All was ok so I was sent home. I continued to get these really sharp stabby pains so I went back to my gp who prescribed another course of amoxicillin 500mg . The green phlegm cleared up again but the pain continued . I finished the antibiotics and continued to experience the pain as well as the dry hacking cough . I still continued to have a low grade fever . I went back to my gp again last week . She prescribed prednisilone 30mg for 5 days and co amoxiclav 500mg x 3 daily. I have taken the pred and discontinued the antibiotic as they were making me vomit. I still keep experiencing really sharp pain around the back of my lungs and around my left breast area. I also get pains in both of my arms and shoulders. people keep commenting on how blue my lips look . I have had 2 12 lead ECG s which cme back normal . The second one showed slight sinus tachycardia but apparently that was due to my temp being a bit high . I am scared to death as my dad died from a heart attack aged 47 . Any ideas to whether this could be a pleurisy or pneumonia please . Thanks for reading
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013