Have flu. Echocardiogram said moderate to severe left ventricular failure. Meaning?

Hi doctor, I am 61 years old, I got the flu on December 25 and I been sick until last week. Three days ago I could not breath easily so my doctor order an echo cardiogram and the report was: The ejection fraction appears to be decreased suggesting moderate to severe left ventricular failure. The estimated ejection fraction is 44 to 45% approximately. Left ventricular end diastolic 5.5 cm Left ventricular end systolic 4.4 cm. Please, let me know your opinion. What I must do? Thank you so much!
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013