Have floaters and flashes in peripheral vision. What could be the reason?

Hello Doctor I ve had floaters and flashes and recently I ve been seeing beads of moving light in my peripheral vision . It usually lasts for a few seconds. This usually happens when my eyes are closed. I could also see it sometimes during the day. In late June, I had a burst of floaters and flashes. The flashes have disappeared but the floaters are still there. I ved seen my eye specialist about the beads of moving light in my peripheral vision but he doesn t seem to know what it is. Could you pls help asap? Thanks Lilian
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012