Have flaky and itchy skin behind ear. What is wrong?

I have severe itching and flaking in one single spot on the left side of my head behind my left ear and dry flaky scab-like skin in the fold of y left eat but there is no such thing on the right side of my head. The itching and danrduff-like faking is severe and no special shampoos have helped. What could it be and why will it not go away?
Asked On : Sun, 16 Dec 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Seems like infection of the skin folds - Intertrigo, mostly due to skin on skin friction. May get superimposed bacterial or fungal infection. Keep that area clean and wipe it dry after cleaning. Use an antifungal, antibiotic and steroid combination cream for few days and you should be fine. You can also use dusting powder with same composition. Avoid using any cosmetics in the region. Regards