Have fibromyalgia. Addicted to morphine patches and codeine tablets. Cure for muscle soreness?

My daughter is 32 and she has fibromyalga. She is addicted to morphine patches and codeine tablets. She has a 10mg patch at the start of the week and tops up with a 5 after the 4th or 5th day. She has maybe 10mg of codeine at lease twice a day. That is what she has admitted to.. but I think she takes nurophen (anti-inflamatory) as well. I told her that I think she she just go cold turkey and do it as fast as possible. Like a bandaid RIGHT OFF.. Yes, it will be horrible, but she will be coming to stay with me and I will be feeding her and trying to flush her system as fast as we can. I will try and get her to take a walk with me and eat and drink as much as she can. I suggested that she take some paracetemol with some maxalon or stematel (to help with the nausea ) . She is scared to death, but I know that the patches and the codiene are making her muscles even sorer. She has been suffering for 5 years now. It started when she fell pregnant and when she was complaining of lots of pain, the doctors just thought and said she was a sook and then when she had a caeser, i had to come and help her because she couldn t even get off the couch for 6 weeks and she suffered for 18 months with no diagnosis. She couldn t wear pants, or belts, or even a seat belt in the car. Many trips to the emergency room. Alodynia was diagnosed first and she spent 2 years at physio which helped along with lyrica for the shooting pain... I have noticed on you tube that fibromyalga could be from a bacteria and many people have cured themselves by changing their diet getting off all medication and taking vitamins and minerals . I know that my daughter is very unhealthy, too much sugar. not enough good wholesome food.. but because she is in so much pain and cant sleep, she feels very unmotivated to do anything for her family.. even cooking and cleaning can be too much for her most days.. I just want her to have a normal healthy life and I know we can acheive this with her. Getting her off all medication and changing her diet and giving her a small amount of exercise and some dietry supplements will be a good start. My question is: All the things I ve read about people coming off this medication is that slow seems just as painful over a longer period.. Am I doing the right thing by making her go cold turkey. and can I help her with some maxalon and paracetemol instead of codeine?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013