Have fever and sore throat, reddish tonsils. Took claritin. Milk allergy?

After having what u thought was the flu--fever around 100 for about 4 days--I felt good for a day and then got a sore throat with probably allergy symptoms--hay fever. My sore throat lasted for about 3 weeks. I started taking Claritin and after about 4 days, my throat stopped hurting. However, my tonsils have stayed red now for about a month and a half. The sore throat happens now and then even with Claritin. My doctor tested me for step which came out negative. I've never had my throat like this before. My throat hurts tonight, and I have a low grade temp of 99.2. Does this sound like run of the mill allergies--they are bad in California this year, or should I check back with my doctor? I don't want to sound like a hypochondriac to her...
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013