Have fever and pain followed by bleeding. Have fluid in Fallopian tube. Had DNC done. Cause?

I am 43 yo and just had a D And C on 1/31/13 due to a miscarriage . the past couple of days I developed a fever around 100 degrees and then yesterday I started having severe pain on my left side followed by bleeding. I went to my obgyn today (had an ultrasound first) and she said I have fluid in my faloppian tube most likely cause by PID which is caused by a STD . This has deeply affected me b/c I am/thought I was in a monogamous marriage with my husband... Is there anything else that could have caused the fluid, pain, etc.? Allyson W
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013