Have fever and flu like symptoms. Widal test positive. No dengue. Is this serious?

Hello Dr. I am a 35 year old female, suffering fever and flu like symptoms. I have had blood test to confirm that I do not have Dengue . Blood test also showed Widal S Typhi H pos 1/80, S typhi O pos 1/160, S paratyphi AO pos 1/80 and S paratyphi CO pos 1/160. Local Doc is suggesting Synbio to crown out bad bacteria with good bacteria .. but I am concerned that this might be more serious than that. Can you please advise if this is serious or if it can be managed with probiotics and prebiotics etc.
Asked On : Tue, 27 Nov 2012