Have faster heart beat and left side is numb. Am overweight and under stress. Suggestions?

I am a 37 yr old female. I have recently been feeling a faster heart beat at night when I lay down and ususually only if I lay on my left side. Last night I woke to a sudden noise and realized my left are was numb, but I had been laying on my right side. Today at work, I felt my left are go numb again. I am overweight , but only gained the weight the last few years due to stress of job loss and divorce. I think I am too young for heart trouble, but I am a single mom and want to make sure I am ok for my son. We don t have insurance so I came here first.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013