Have fallen repeatedly, problem standing, walking, wobbling, unstable, lightheaded

Hi I think my last request did not go through so I will try again:
I am a 52yr old female. Generally I am in good health and quite fit and active.
Over the last week I have fallen over 3 times. I put this down to just slipping. But today I have had problems when standing up, especially walking, feeling wobbly and unstable on my fit. My head is not clear at times and feels 'light headed'. I generally feel unwell. Many thanks.
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi jswarren2....Hope you would continue to be in good health and fit and active. As far as your question is concerned, it is not be ignored. For two reasons it has presented acutely and it is recurring. You need to find out whether it is associated with some special position ( Like while looking upwards, downwards etc) which case it could be vascular insuffiency. In any case from from I get information from you this looks like more of a vascular insufficiency which could be fixed or embolic in nature. The problem could also be related to middle ear infection in which case you may need to see the ENT expert. Your problem can range from your middle ear to right upto your vestibular nuclei ( the nucleus related to maintaining posture), or any of the blood vessels suppling theses or anything inside these blood vessels. Please give more details so that I can furthur help...