Have eyelid eczema. Do not want to use Elidel due to cancer risk. What should I do?

I have, what I have been told , eyelid eczema on one eyelid only. I do not want to use the Elidel as the doctor prescribed due to its association with cancer . I believe the problem is systemic and would like to figure out what is causing it and treat it that way. I don t believe it is due to allergy from cosmetics because it has only affected one eye and I have been using the same line of cosmetics for years. It burns to put cream on that particular eyelid so I have switched to a natural cream. What should I do? Will allergy testing provide the source of this issue?
Asked On : Thu, 16 Aug 2012