Have evulsive wound across shin. What is the leakage from the wound?

Greetings. In May, I had a large evulsive wound across my shin that required stapling and after-care by an orthopaedic surgeon . The wound (a downward pointed V ) , which since has healed, has been painless yet lumpy above the incision (inside the V ): today a quarter-inch diameter red spot appeared below the wound site (tip of the V ) , perhaps an unnoticed abrasion, that now is steadily leaking a clear, watery fluid that increases when I push on the still soft and lumpy part of the wound site. My reason for asking is curiosity about the leakage appearing 4-5 months since the wounding and 2-3 months since healing and discharge from follow-up care. From this description, is it evident that I should seek out the surgeon for inspection; or, is this likely a normal matter? Thanks, J.B. Froke
Asked On : Sun, 7 Oct 2012