Have endometriosis, cyst in ovary, irregular period. Had marena inserted. Don't need hysterectomy?

I am 45 yrs of age. I ve had 8 pregnancies and 5 children. I suffer from endometriosis and I have a cyst on my right ovary and my periods are irregular. I have had a Marena inserted 3 months ago to help with these conditions. I have had a period since the marena was inserted I went to see a gynochologist about having a hysterectomy , but he told me that I don t need to have one. He then prescribed Primolut-N). He did not mention how often i am supposed to take them or for how long. He just said that it would stop my periods permanently.
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jun 2012