Have elevated blood pressure, had murmur. No family history of hypertension. Suggestions?

my son is in the Navy and has had some elevated blood pressures. 158/94. He is a Navy rescue swimmer and is very physically fit. He drinks mostly water. occasional caffeine, minimal red meat, doesn t salt anything. He eats a varied diet and runs 4-8 miles or swims 3800 meters 5 days a week. He also does pull ups, pushups and other exercises at least 2 dimes daily except some saturdays and sundays. He has never passed out or been light headed after exercises. There is no family history of hypertension . He had a murmur when in highschool but was evaluated with echo and had some minor ?pulmonic regurg. but cleared to the navy with it and cleared to participate in sports at the time. No marfans either. what could be the problem. I told him to check any processed foods for lowering sodium , and stop caffiene. Any other suggestions before his next flight physical. Just married and bought a house and is afraid he may be discharged if his bp is up and he cannot perform his rescue air crew duties. any suggestions.
Asked On : Sat, 18 Aug 2012