Have either Rosacea or extremely sensitive skin for years. Purpose cleanser recommended?

Hi....I have either Rosacea or extremely sensitive skin for years and I am 48 now...I doesn t even like water to touch it. I can t wear make up or cleanse my skin either. I thought I had found a cleanser called Purpose and it seemed to work for a few days and then the cheek bumps and redness came. It is embarrasing because I can t wear the make up to cover the redness and I am very fair and have very short hair so it just sticks out like a sore thumb . Anyway, I have tried everything, Cereve, Cetaphil , Clinique, you name it and the all burn up my face. I take oral Metronidazole because my face couldn t tolerate the topical. My question is: do you think just a little Vaseline will help? to stop the cracking and burning and bumps since it really has no added ingredients? I am at my wits end here and and going to a training seminar this week so would like to get a little moisture in my skin. Also is is extremely hot and dry here...100 degree forecast for the next six days (Texas)
Asked On : Thu, 30 Aug 2012