1. Was Eczema
diagnosed by your doctor/physician or is it self labelled diagnosis? is it Contact or Occupational Eczema?
2. is there excessive scratching/rubbing as it exacerbates the symptoms?
3. cause of flare up (in hands) other than diet: abrasive soaps,detergents with chemical dyes, synthetic perfumes, deodorants,antiperspirant??
4. diet which cause release of histamine
and thereby causing allergy
could be one of the cause of eczema, and can be eggs,peanuts,shellfish,sea food or dairy products, food coloring, artificial sweeteners can trigger the immune system to react.
5. Eczema is triggered by STRESS
and disturbed Immune System, any type of stress (physical/emotional/mental)?
6. Make sure you don't scratch excessive and continuously and keep your nails as short as possible, otherwise vicious cycle of itch-scratch-itch is triggered.
7. Avoid causative/triggering factor,sour food (pickles,curd),avoid blankets/sweater that are made of wool, avoid sudden extremes of climate, hence travelling should be done with care,buy a good quality moisturizer specially designed for Eczema patients like E45, even Petroleum jelly (Vaseline), beeswax based balms are also effective in controlling the symptoms.
8. Vit E which works as an antioxidant can be applied to the skin as well as taken orally.
9. Include diet rich in Vit. A,B6,E and essential fatty acids
10. take 1 tsf of Panchatikta grihta with 1 tab Arogyavardhini vati.
11. Practice Relaxation exercises and meditation
to combat STRESS.