Have ear pain. Diagnosed as eardrum damaged. Would the eardrums heal?

Hello Doc, I m Len. I have problems with my eardrums. I experienced extreme ear pain last Thursday when we were on a beach camping with my husband. I wasn t able to swim as I have fever . When we get back to City I was rushed to the hospital, as I can t tolerate the pain anymore. As per the hospital Doctor, my eardrum is damaged and reddish. I have ear infection , so she gave me antibiotics for 1 week and pain reliever. Is it possible that my eardrums would heal? thanks!
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013