Have ear discharge, swelling in eardrum. History of parotid tumor removal. Taking Z pack

I have been battling a severe double ear infection with lots of fluid and swelling in the eardrum for about 3 weeks. I took penicillin for 7 days and found I am allergic to it. Now I am finishing a Z-pack ....done tomorrow. My doctor looked into my ears and found my ear drums dull and the left one is wrinkled, now. I am 26, female and had a benign parotid tumor removed from left side with neck dissection 9 years ago. There is no paralysis or residual affects from the tumor or surgery. My left ear itches into my throat. It is especially bothersome at night. I have an appointment at ENT in 2 weeks. Can you shed any light on this problem? I was not given ear drops of any kind.
Asked On : Thu, 3 Jan 2013