Have duplex in left kidney, three kidney infections before. How to prevent these infections?

My Daughter has duplex on her left kidney, the consultant has told us that the left kidney is working to a point. The consultant has told me that she should not have any trouble from this and if she drinks plenty and empties her bladder completely she should be fine. However she has had 3 kidney infections in the last 3 months and ended up in Hospital for four days with one of them, what can be done to prevent these infections going forward? concerned mum
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013