Have dry skin on face, hyperpigmentation on nose. Prescribed with melacare. Any alternate medication?

Hello Hello doctor I am a 25 years old female with a wheatish complexion .My problem is that i have very dry skin only on certain portions of the face and if not scrubbed daily,appears to be very dull and rough. Another major problem is the hyperpigmentation on my nose which is said to be formed due to the rubbing of the nose in the upward direction for many years. This resulted in a black line across the nose,this also looks awkward.I had consulted a skin specialist and she did some peelings to get rid of that and gave some creams (Melacare containing tretenoin). But this is not 100% effective.So could you please suggest any alternate measure for this?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Jun 2012