Have dry lips with yellow coating and burns. Had cold, sore throat. Viral or thrush?

Hi. For the past month, I have had severely dry lips. I have applied a variety of life balms to no avail. Over the 2 days, I have noticed a yellow coating on, you tongue and my lips & tongue are beginning to burn. I am a generally healthy person and the only things I recall that were new around the time these symptoms started were a bad cold with a very sore throat as well as eating figs more often. I am wondering if this is a viral syndrome or perhaps thrush or a rxn to figs.
Any input your may have is appreciated.
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013