Have done urine analysis. Ask doctor online

Hello Doctor,
I had urine test today and got my medical report.
The report has following data:
COLOR: PALE YELLOW
APPEARANCE: SLIGHTLY TURBID
REACTION(ph): 7.5
SPECIFIC GRAVITY: 1.025
PROTEIN/ALBUMIN: PRESENT 2+
GLUCOSE: NIL
KETONE BODIES: NIL
UROBILINOGEN: NORMAL
BILE SALTS: NEGATIVE
BILE PIGMENTS: NIL
WBC/PUS CELLS: 6-8 hpf
RED BLOOD CELLS: NIL
EPITHELIAL CELLS: 2-4 hpf
CRYSTALS: AMORPHOUS PHOSPHATE

Can you please guide me about the report? Do I have any infection?
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM,

The routine urine examination reveals that the physical characteristics of urine- color, pH, specific gravity of the urine is within normal limits.
The chemical examination reveals presence of proteins/ albumin. Proteins are tests positive in urine in kidney diseases like glomerulonephritis.
All other substances- glucose, bile salts, bile pigments, ketone bodies and urobilinogen are absent in urine.
Presence of 6-8 WBCs and 2-4 epithelial cells do not signify any disease process.
If the WBC count is very high, it signifies infection.

Further you need to undergo renal function tests due to presence of proteins in the urine. The cause of leakage of proteins in urine has to be sought.

Thanks and take care.
Dr Shailja P Wahal