Have dizziness, lethargy and loss of concentration. What can be done?

hi, ive been feeling so out of place and not interested in anything. I don t feel happy. I feel like no matter what i do i wont ever achieve my goals. ive got personal problems and i try to maintain them as much as i can. i have no one at home to speak to about those problems and school is my only get away although i dnt speak about my problems but at least i forget everything for a little time. im 17 years old and im feeling all this discomfort and those ugly feelings that i cannot describe. its like hot rushes in my body and most times i feel dizzy and so lazy. what is all that?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013
Hi Sarah
To start with , I want to tell you that you have done a good job by asking your query as it may be the starting point of a serious problem and taking consultation early makes it easier to resolve it.
Now to respond to your query , that you feel low in mood and energy, a generalized lethargy and not enjoying your surroundings , expericing dizziness and preference to be alone , I would like to say they are features of depression.
Though you have mentioned that you have some personal problems and not able to resolve them and don't have anyone to share them with but still even if your symptoms are secondary to your stressor , I would suggest that you should consult a psychiatrist .your condition is treatable and you will be able to deal with your situation in a better manner after treatment by psychiatrist.

Psychiatrist after detailed evaluation will be able to tell you that you need some psychotherapy or medication or both depending upon your preference and requirement.
Hoping for faster recovery

Anonymous's Response

How do you do?

You should talk to your parents if you are at home to take you in to see a doctor at a clinic.

It is unclear what could be bothering you. It could be a number of things. It's best to go to a clinic or see your family doctor.

Do this as soon as possible and don't worry in the meantime.

It may be just normal anxiety that people experience at your age.

I hope this helps.

I wish you well.

Michael Davis MD