Have diverticulosis. Lot of gas problems. could it be due to the use of flax seeds? On medication for GERD, HBP and thyroid problem

Yes, thank you. I have divertilosis and lately have a lot of gas, it seems regardless of what I eat. I eat no lettuce, no seeds, no nuts . One question I have is I have added flax seed oil to my diet , could that be causing this? I am willing to give up caffeine as I understand it could cause the smelly fatulence. I am 85years old and in good health; this is my major problem. I have had some success with tums, tho I take medicine for GERD , HBP and thyroid . I do not have constant constipation , only caused by the gas.
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013