Have discomfort in labia minora, raw, dry, itchy,difficulty wearing undergarments. Had unprotected sex. What to do?

I've been having some moderate discomfort with my labia minora to the point I cant wear underwear it feels very raw , dry , and itchy. My fiance just came back from a 5 month deployment from Cuba, we've had sex a few times and only once without a condom. I never had this issue before but it is getting to the point the irritation and pain will only stop if I am wearing no bottoms at all. I am going to try to get an appointment with my doctor but I am nervous about what I might find out.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013