Have discomfort feeling inside the vagina. Into menopause about a year. What can be the cause?

I am in the menopause and stopped having periods about a year and a half ago. For a week I have had a slightly discomforting feeling inside my virgina. I don't have a discharge, and no physical signs of thrush that I can see. It has now changed to a slightly "warm" feeling, is more uncomfortable - but still not really painful. There is no burning when I urinate, but I do feel a sort of mild throbbing sensation (it's the only way I can describe it).

I have not had sex for a couple of years.

I was wondering if you had any idea what is wrong.

Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013