Have discharge and delayed periods. Took medication earlier. HPT test negative. What is going on?

This may sound really stupid, but I'm a little over 2 weeks late with my period. My last period ended March 11th and it was 4 days long. My period for the last few months has been out of whack, and irregular. I came off the pill in December, and since then my period has been anywere from 5-8 days late. For the the last week and half or so, I have had brown discharge in my underwear, not enough for a tampon or pad, and occasional cramping, Comes and goes for short durations., and no period. I took a HPT and it was negative. Not really sure whats going on. What should I do? And what's your opinion?
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013