Have difficulty self-cathing, had cystoscope and dilation, have intermittent UTI. Could I have prostatitis?

Hi doc. I am a male having difficulty sell cathing. I had a cystoscope and dilation 2 months ago. I started self cath next day after surgery, but when I went back for checkup was told to wait 2 to 3 weeks before cathing. During that time I had 1 uti . Since then I had so success self cathing but then had another uti. After 3uti went back to uro and was hurting pretty bad. Seemed to affect bowels not with runs but with urge to poo. My uro said there was no blood or signs of an infection. Had culture but was negative. Also had prostate checked at last visit and it was not enlarged. That 2 week period took cipro 500 to 1000 mg a day. Still having intermittent uti problems 2 weeks later. Could I have prostatitis? Had infected prostrate years ago an doc gave prostrate massage and indicated prostatitis but have not had problems until last several weeks.
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012