Have diabetic retinopathy. Going to have implanon. Will it cause any effect on eyesight?

Hi. I am going to have IMPLANON , the birth control , implanted into my arm tomorrow. It has a seemingly somewhat common side effect of causing blood clots. I already have Diabetic Retinopathy and want to know if IMPLANON can make my eyesight much worse. Will I be much more likely to have blood clots from this birth control because I already have blood clots from my Diabetic issues? Can it make it worse? I m afraid of going blind or losing my sight even more than I already have. Please help me out. Thank you so much.
Asked On : Fri, 3 Aug 2012