Have diabetic keratosis. Had muscle cramps. Why is hip in constant pain?

I have diabetic kerotosis(BAD spelling here!). This was discovered when I told my doctor about the muscle cramps I would get in my mid section if I bent down wrong ect. Now I also get leg cramps and like last night I get a severe burning coals type that radiates accross my lap. That part might be due to the degenerated disks in my lower back which does not hurt hardly but causes contant pain in my hip joint . I guess I would like to know what I could do to improve so I do not get so many cramps.
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012